A combined skills course for summer and winter hiking and trekking to build competence and confidence in the mountains
Intro to scrambling
After this course you should be able to safely explore scrambling routes. This will massively expand your capability in the mountains. You will find new playgrounds as a trail runner, hiker or mountaineer.
We will cover
- Climbing techniques
- Safety considerations
- Limitations of scrambling
- Emergency procedures.
- Intro to rock climbing (modern climbing equipment and safety techniques)
- The top rope system at an easily
- Gear used (harness, helmet,rope, slings protection) and how to care for it.
- Climbing techniques, three points of contact.
We will climb one of the easier scrambling routes and you will get lots of time and opportunity to practice the variety of safety techniques.
How does this translate to scrambling? What are the benefits and limitations of scrambling?
Scrambling techniques, gear used.
Please, use this contact form, we are looking forward to hear from you!